Friday, August 19, 2005

visit the doc


I'm pretty used to this. Hopping in my basket and trekking off to my vet. Today I was especially looking forward to getting out of the house and into the wild streets of Dresden.

I'm very interested in seeing what goes on in the outside world. Everyone loves me and thinks I'm super-cute, of course, but every time I pass the Turkish Dönör shop next door, they are extra nice and smiley to me. I think I'll stop in there sometime after I'm better.

After spending so much time (all week) indoors and not rambling around in the dirt with Mimmoe, I already feel a bit better. The drive there wasn't so bad. Naturally we had more traffic than usual because of all the summer visitors. It seems like nobody knows where they're going except me.

Today I even have an appointment. They know me at the doctors' because I've already been there at least seven times. I wish I could say that I get treated right over there, but today they made me wait over an hour because they forgot I was really there to see the doc. They thought I was just hanging out with all the other animals. I must be looking much better now and I even caught the eye of a nice female dog in the waiting room that I would say is about my size. Just as we began to get to know each other the nurse called out, "Merlin!"
The operating table was cold and a little hairy, but I could do it. The doctor was nicer than last time, but I wouldn't mind not having to go there again. I got some special stuff for my nose and eye, but all I really needed was a breath of fresh air and a drive around the city.
Back at home I decided it was time to just sleep under the sofa for a while. That was enough contact and experience for today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merlin, I hope you get well soon and became the famous star you should be.

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merlin, I hope you get well soon so you can tell us more about the Hasenrennbahn.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liebe Marie, hier ist die Tante aus der Marthastrasse. Deine Hasenfamilie ist ja so süß und Du auch sehr. Habe mich gefreut auch Deinen Laden gesehen zu haben und was Du alles kannst und machst. Ich komme Euch bestimmt mal besuchen in Dresden. Ihr wohnt ja auch romantisch nett für eine Großstadt. Gruß Katrin

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home